Monday, August 1, 2011

Naming a Blog

While this is not my first webpage, this is my first blog. My last webpage was in college. It featured quotes from professors and friends, the Reuben Review (on the best Reuben sandwiches of course), and adventures of a traveling gnome. I hope that this blog will be a new start and a chance to grow and share small adventures, creations, and thoughts.

Naming the blog was quite a chore. At first, I wanted a name that had to do with time. Time is my most valuable resource. Carl Sandburg had said, "Time is the coin of life." It is the only resource in which one can spend without having another person ultimately influence it. However, The Coin of Life was not a suitable name for where I am in my life's journey at the moment.

The past three years I have been changing careers from an archaeologist to a teacher. I moved in and began a relationship with an amazing man, learning to overcome traumatic childhood experiences and gaining self confidence. To top off the changes, I was just married this past weekend.

Recently, adventures in life have taught me how to balance the brain and the heart. The point of the blog is to document the journey on making the heart, brain, and body happy and healthy, from inside and outward.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you :) Looking forward to keeping up with your blog, I will enjoy it as much as I do our friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Sara! We're so happy for you, and I'm excited for your new blog!

    ReplyDelete