Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Peach Cobbler Science Experiment

At my book club last week, we were talking about amazingly tasty recipes that were low in Weight Watchers Points. Someone mentioned the following recipe to me. It was a peach cobbler made with cake mix and a can of sprite. Seriously, that was it. It lured me in and I had to try it. As I was making it, my husband was so skeptical. He kept saying that it was like a science experiment!


As I made it, I am thinking you can change some things around. You can use berries or switch up the type of cake mix.


Ingredients:
1 can of Sprite Zero (or diet sprite)
1 lb of frozen peaches, no sugar added
1 package of Angel Food cake mix
1 tbsp cinnamon


How to Make it:
Step 1: Take the peaches out of the bag and spread them evenly in a 13 x 9 in pan sprayed with Pam.


Step 2: Pour the cake mix over the peaches and put the cinnamon over the mixture.




Step 3: Pour the Sprite Zero over the cobbler and let it fizz.





Step 4: Bake the cobbler in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 45- 50 minutes. 




I just happened to have peach sorbet in the freezer and had a small scoop with my cobbler. Overall, this was a very sweet dessert








No comments:

Post a Comment