Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Where She Went

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)
by Gayle Forman

My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Goodreads Synopsis

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

Watch a Video 


My Thoughts

I just wrote a review of this book on Goodreads. It was so deep and introspective that I had to erase it because it ended up being like a journal entry! I did not necessarily need all of those thoughts in the public arena. That being said, this book made me think a lot.

There sure is a lot of depth in this "young adult" novel. I find it interesting that my young adult self could relate to parts of this book. My "decade past young adult" self can also currently relate to this novel at an entire deeper level. Picking up pieces. Acceptance. Moving on. Forgiveness. 

I think that this book tells two different stories. The first is between Adam and Mia and their ability to overcome and continue their relationship. However, it is also speaking about how two people find themselves. It is both a love story and a personal journey of two separate people. I congratulate Forman for creating a work that has the potential to touch anyone that has been through a life altering change.

I loved this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment