Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Shake Shack

Style: Fast Food
Websitewww.shakeshack.com

My Rating: 4/5 Stars

Likes: No cheesy decor, Brooklyn Brewery brewery bottles a beer just for them, they have their own wine too, the names (which is honestly why I wanted to go)


Dislikes:  Lots of people with not lots of seats, cranked up air vents that blew napkins away, Are you sure you put malt in my shake?,  the shake did not quite hold up to the name of the restaurant that I definitely romanticized all on my own...

Imagine you had just been a bridesmaid at a wedding. You are tired. You danced a little, but were mostly tired because you were awake at 4:30 am to get ready for said wedding. You took pictures, reminisced, and toasted to the happy couple. Then the wedding is over in the early afternoon and you go to the hotel room. It is completely logical that a nap is needed. Then after said nap, you need to get your burger on.

That is what me and the wedding party did after the wedding party. On the way home from getting our nails done the day before, the bus drove by Shake Shack. I was intrigued by the name. Anything that eludes to some form of ice cream catches my attention. As the bus drove by, I took note and remembered the way there just so I could get there before we left.

Walking in, there was a hustle and bustle that was beyond the normal fast food joint. But then, we were in Brooklyn. There was a large wall-sized menu above the counter that had a listing of the burgers and hot dogs you could get. They also had a pretty sizable amount of custard desserts you could get. Wanna see the menu? You know you want to see the menu. Click me.



After we ordered, they gave us a number and we would be called to come and pick it up.Trying to find a seat was difficult because there were five of us. I had to be one of those seat stalkers and started laying scarves and bags down on the seats so people wouldn't take them.

For a fast food joint, the burgers were pretty good. I had a single SmokeShack and my husband had a double. They both had bacon, cheese,  and a pretty cool shack sauce on them. The sauce was just a big spicy. I ordered a chocolate malt shake which was disappointing. I couldn't taste the malt! If you see that the shakes are on top of the napkins, it was because the air vents were blowing them away.



Our friend got the fries. They were KRINKLE! :)




Overall, if I were in Brooklyn, I might go back. But there are so many other cooler places to go. Plus, I could get better burgers and shakes at other places. Cheeburger Cheeburger anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment