Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pho 79

Name: Pho 79
Style: Vietnamese


Likes: Best Pho in Richmond, The Price, Extra Onions, Bountiful Spring Rolls

Dislikes: It’s too far away, limited menu choices, no more cool t-shirt that said “Pho-King Good!” 

I have been eating at Pho 79 since 2005. If a coworker had not introduced me to this restaurant, I would never have gone here on my own. Simply put, it looks very sketchy. It used to be an old McDonald’s that is painted blue and green. There are pink chairs and fake flowers on the wall. There is always a fish tank with one giant fish in it. I always wonder if I am going to end up eating that fish one day…



I come here because the pho is the best in Richmond, and lots of Vietnamese people eat here. I usually get a small number 7 pho. The small is plenty of soup. They also have a large which my husband usually gets. And then, there is THE SUPERBOWL. We saw a man eating the superbowl once and it was larger than you could imagine.

We always order cheap extra onions for our pho. I like to add limes and jalapenos, while Brad likes bean sprouts. He skips the limes, which are really the best part. However, he will use a lime for his water.

The spring rolls also come with two per order. They are very large and come with both pork and shrimp in them. My grandmother has eaten them and she was impressed. They come with peanut sauce and not the icky fish sauce which delights me because I don’t have to smell fishy dirty feet.



If you have never had pho, you should try it one day. It is rather healthy because it is mostly plain noodles and beef broth. Pho is also exceptionally helpful when you have a cold. But beware, on any day you should come with extra tissues. 





No comments:

Post a Comment