Sunday, February 8, 2015

Mekong

Style: Vietnamese
My rating: 3 stars

Website: http://mekongisforbeerlovers.com/

Likes: Great beer selection, easy parking

Dislikes: Food has gone downhill and bland

We easily found parking in the front of the store, but it was visible that there was parking behind the strip of stores the restaurant resides in. Upon walking in, we were seated easily and the waitress brought us menus. No one brought us a beer menu, so we had to ask for it. The waiter brought us only one, so Brad and I had to try and read its small print sideways. That was a little frustrating and I ended up ordering an Allagash White just because it was easier than scouring the list.

We started with steamed pork dumplings and a pork spring roll. The spring roll was a little bland, but the pork dumplings had a great ginger sauce to pair. 



My husband ordered a soup bowl, with seafood and udon noodles in a chicken broth.  He enjoyed it!



I ordered a rice dish with egg, chicken, pork, and shrimp. I immediately had plate envy of my husband’s soup. The rice looked bland and uneventful. However, the flavors were there when I ate it. 


Overall, I feel that food was all right, but I can get better Vietnamese elsewhere in town. Mekong has become more of a place to order a beer, and they are overlooking their food. It’s sad that the service behind the beer service was so poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment