Friday, June 1, 2012

Spicy Chicken Taco Salad

Spicy Chicken Taco Salad
This past week, I was motivated by my sister who took a really healthy turn in her diet and started to lose weight. The turn that I was neglecting to do: eat more produce.

Tonight, my husband was working the evening shift, 2-10 pm. This means that we didn't do dinner together, which is sad because we do dinner well together. I came up with a recipe that is healthy and uses more produce! 

To make the spicy chicken to place on top of the salad, I cut it in bite size chunks and rubbed them in a spice blend of the following:

  • 2 Tbsp. Low Sodium McCormick Taco Mix (from the packet)
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • sprinkle of red pepper flakes
  • black pepper to taste


Then, I sauteed them in a frying pan using Pam. When I was finished, I placed lettuce at the bottom, and then a few squirts of Hidden Valley Southwest Chipotle Salad Dressing. I placed a fist size amount of chicken on the salad and dashed it with some Sriracha. The salad was healthy and super tasty! I didn't need sour cream, cheese, tortilla strips, or any other fattening garnishes for it. I am already brainstorming for other healthy ingredients to place on it for other times. Perhaps salsa.... celery for the spiciness... mushrooms? The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment