Friday, June 22, 2012

Airplane Delight

Tips on How to Have a Nice Flight


Yesterday, I just had the nicest flight that I have ever had in my life. I was flying a one way trip to MIC (Kansas City, Missouri) and immediately leaving MO with my grandmother to move her here. I have had a ton of airplane flights in the past with a lot of complaints afterwards. The air travel industry gets a lot of negative wrath, so I thought it would be nice to share some tips on how I had a really delightful time in the sky.


Tip #1- Book the Earliest Flight Possible: I flew on a 5:50 am flight out of RIC (Richmond, VA). Although it stunk to get up that early, it paid off. Everyone was asleep on the plane. It was quiet. There were no upset babies. Plus, if I were to have a connection problem, there are a lot more possibilities to reschedule earlier than later.


Tip #2- Make Alcoholic Jokes with the Flight Attendant: When getting my beverage order, I told the flight attendant that I wanted a coke"straight up." Although I was being a total sleep deprived dork, she laughed and gave me an extra cookie for making her laugh. I like extra cookies that are "free."


Tip #3- Fly Delta with a Connection in Atlanta: If possible, fly Delta connecting in Atlanta. This was the smoothest connection I have ever had. They actually had screens at the gates showing people where their connections were located. The airport personnel were also friendly. 


Tip #4- Be Courteous When Boarding the Plane: I was sitting on the end seats. This made life easy. However, when I found my seat, I put my personal bag on the seat and stepped into my seating area. I let the people who needed to get to the back of the plane go before I stowed away my carry on bag in the overhead apartment. When we were exiting the plane, this woman let no one but ME in front of her because I had been nice to her.


Tip #5- Pretend to Fall Asleep so the Creepy Dude Next to You Won't Talk to You: Enough said.


After this flight, I was picked up my by my grandma and I drove a little over 500 miles to Louisville, KY because I had enough well rested energy (that was about nine hours!). It was really a blessing.


Please feel free to comment any other happy ideas that you may have! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment