Saturday, January 26, 2013

Restaurant Style Artisan Bread

Those of you who follow recipes on Pinterest have most likely run into that recipe that you can make this fabulous artisan bread with just five ingredients. They always say that it is so easy that anyone could do it and that you don't have to knead it. They describe this bread as being hard and crusty on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. 

Let's just say I was so skeptical that this bread was all that because it sounds like an cheesy infomercial. I was always expecting the Sham-WOW! guy to come up on the website in a glittery pop up. Therefore, I really wanted to prove it wrong and say to myself that these people didn't know what they were talking about.

They did know what they were talking about because this bread was everything that they said it was. Who knew that things on the internet could actually be true?


The link to the bread that I made is located here at Frugal Living. Our bread came out crusty on the outside and chewy on the inside. It was easy to make because I did not have to knead it. It tasted awesome.

One thing I was skeptical about was that it might not come out of the dutch oven because it wasn't greased. However, you place the dough in a scalding hot pot which sears the dough, thus making it crunchy too.



I suggest that if you like to make bread, or even if you have never made it and just want to, you should try it. This was awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment