Friday, August 10, 2012

Fatso's Diner

Fatso's Diner

Category: Diner 
Rating: 5/5 Stars

Likes: Cheesy 50's Decor (complete with records on the wall AND THE CEILING), awesome waiter whose family was from Upstate NY, LARGE coffee cups (so you don't need refills every three minutes), and creamer bowls already on the table

Dislikes: ummm... only that their food wasn't magically healthy to ingest

Cars lined the half wall!


On our trip to Colorado, we went to Fatso's Diner in Loveland, CO. Normally I don't write about restaurants outside of my fifty mile Virginia radius, but this was so worth it.

Their menu wasn't huge, but the portions were! It was a cheap place to eat with a heaping of awesome goodness on a plate. They had fairly large coffee cups so they didn't have to be refilled every few seconds.  And, there was a drive-in in the back!

 I ordered the Chicken and Waffles. They were the best chicken and waffles that I have had so far. It was a huge Belgian Waffle topped with powdered sugar and served on a separate plate from the greasy, crispy, tender fried chicken. 

They originally came with white gravy. Being from up north... I don't really do that kind of thing. The waiter teased me and said that I was desecrating the waffle when I asked for honey mustard and syrup instead. It was nice to have someone with character balanced with polite demeanor. 


Best Chicken and Waffles I've Ever Had
 Brad ordered the corned beef hash with scrambled eggs, hash browns, and rye toast. There were larger pieces of tender corned beef that were sliced very thin and large pieces of bell pepper. The whole dish blended very well... until Brad buttered rye toast with butter AND jelly. Butter on rye is awesome. Jelly on rye... I am going to take a cue from the friendly waiter and say that that is desecration of rye toast.

Brad's Corned Beef Hash

 Billy had an omelet with the white gravy. He said he liked it... but there was no way I was going to go near it with the white mush.


Billy's Omlette

Overall, when going to a restaurant that has good food, service, prices, and ambiance, I am always willing to return.. except with they are a few states away. Perhaps on the next Colorado visit.





No comments:

Post a Comment