Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Kyung Sung Restaurant Review

Kyung Sung 
Category: Korean
Rating: 3/5
Website: Information on Yelp 

Likes: very nice attitude of Asian waitress, small samples of Korean foods, tasty bulgolgi, neat, hot, clay pot, fried eggs on top!

Dislikes: Asian waitress with a very nice attitude was the only waitress, the only waitress also took away my sauce before I was done, "spicy" food was not very spicy

This is the first official documentation of the Fleenor-Thomas Ethnic Food Club. This is really a fancy way to label two couples who like to eat food from other cultures and enjoy each other's company. Seriously, Brad and I really have the best conversations with Brent and Whitney while eating the best food.The gang began with meeting each other for a bowl of Vietnam pho and then we went to get Indian food. In the future, we have Ethiopian, Moroccan, and more Indian on the list!

This evening we went to Kyung Sung restaurant in Williamsburg. I had never had Korean food before, so it was a new experience for me. It used to be a sushi restaurant next to a Vietnamese restaurant; now they are a Korean and an Asian Fusion place. Collectively, we ordered four different dishes and a Korean beer! There was only one waitress, so the service was slow. However, our company was awesome so I didn't really mind.

1. We ordered an appetizer of steamed dumplings. The serving was a generous ten dumplings with a very tasty smoky sauce. 


 2. This is a picture of the beef bulgolgi and the Korean small plates. I had to look this up: each Korean meal comes with side dishes and are called banchan.  We had kimchi, bean sprouts, and mystery pickled produce. 

The bulgolgi was my favorite dish of night... and I didn't order it. An ultimatum for next time.


 3. Brad ordered the spicy pork bulgolgi. It too was tasty, but not that spicy. By her reaction, the lone waitress favored  this dish.
4. I spent about five minutes staring at the name of my dish, and now I still can't remember it. All I remember is that it was number 34! My dish was spicy pork and a fried egg on top of a bed of white rice, lettuce, and asian vegetables that I need to learn. It was served in a very hot clay pot. I broke the egg and mixed it around with the contents of the bowl, and it cooked after two minutes! So cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment