Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chipotle Cilantro Hamburger

I am currently in love with this burger. I love it because it is juicy, and rich, and tangy. I love that it is versatile, that I can eat it with or without a bun and make a size just for me. I love that it leaves room for experimentation because there are so many tastes to compliment it!

The Chipotle Cilantro Burger tastes great with Smoky Potatoes!

The cilantro and chipotle in the meaty mix of the burger tastes a touch spicy, but there is a depth of flavor that will keep me trying to figure out what my taste buds are toying with. It is tangy from the cilantro, and the meat paired with it adds a carnivorous depth. Every bite is worth its undivided attention.

A challenge I am trying to overcome is eating healthier, with smaller, leaner meals. I am alone in this venture because my husband wants a full meal. The helpful aspect about this burger is that we can create three burgers, one large one for Brad, and the last two for my smaller meals. I can also choose to eat it with or without a hamburger bun. The last time, I ate one with, and one without and they were equally as tasty.

In addition to bun, or no bun, we can also choose what to garnish the burger with. My husband chose Hidden Valley Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing because he liked the way it complimented the tomato on top. I preferred a “shmear” of mayonnaise and a squirt of ketchup.



Since my husband Brad created this recipe, I have to give him all the credit. Thanks hon!


Cilantro Chipotle Hamburger
Serves 4 quarter pound burgers, or 2 half pound burgers

Hamburger Ingredients
1 lb 80/20 ground beef
½ bunch of cilantro, chopped
3 chipotle peppers from can
1 tsp adobo sauce (sauce from can of chipotle peppers)
2 Tbsp fajita seasoning
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder

Hamburger Adornments
Hamburger buns
1-2 Tbsp Shredded Mexican Cheese
Tomato Slices
Ketchup (optional)
Mayonnaise (optional)
Hidden Valley Chipotle Ranch Dressing (optional)

Method
1. Mix all of the above ingredients together and form the desired size patty (see notes above).

2. Pan fry the burgers in a skillet. You won't need a spray of oil. 

3. When finished, tilt the pan and let the oil drip into the sink or bowl. Or, pat the burger with a paper towel. Or, eat as is. 


4. Build the burgers with the desired adornments and garnishes (see notes above)

No comments:

Post a Comment